CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who's fault is this?

So I watch the "Biggest Loser" sometimes- usually when it is the off season and there absolutely nothing else on. I like seeing the results and the before and afters of everyone- which is probably the only thing that keeps me hooked. Usually when I am watching it, I am eating a massive amount of junk food. A bowl of ice cream and a dozen chocolate chip cookies is most likely exactly what you should be eating while you watch 16 people work their butts off as they struggle with their over-eating issues.

ANYWAY, they always promote different kinds of food products. They will all be casually sitting around at breakfast as one of them pulls out a quaker oatmeal box and tells everyone how wonderful QUAKER OATMEAL is to help you get your day started-there is nothing like QUAKER OATMEAL. I'm cool with that- promote healthy options away! But, then, they went too far. You are probably why I am bringing this up right now. See, I go through a pack of gum a day. I have this crazy oral fixation where I MUST BE CHEWING ON SOMETHING AT ALL TIMES or my arms will fall off and I'll grow a third eye. Well, this week EXTRA was on sale, so I bought it. When I opened the lid it said something to the effect of "BIGGEST LOSER RECOMMENDS THIS AS A SNACK". When the hell did gum become a snack? As in, when the hell did it become ok to start including it in our daily meal plan. "For breakfast I had QUAKER OATMEAL and for lunch I had 4 pieces of EXTRA polar ice gum...yum..count me out for dinner, because I think that last piece put me over the top". How about we just learn to eat healthy and exercise and save the gum to freshen our breath....or, in my case, save our appendages.

0 comments: