CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Number two already pacifies mommy's paranoia

This morning was my first official prenatal appointment for peanut number two. It was the relief to things I didn't even know I needed relief from. I just left the doctor feeling calm and yet giddy about what is to come. I am so happy I decided to stick with my doctor despite his change in hospitals. It really sounds like the new hospital is going to be even better. As opposed to Magee's 35 or more deliveries a day, Mercy only has about 7-10. I remembered what a stressor that was when I was being induced with Jack. They were not sure if they were going to be able to get me in because they were so busy that day and we were basically waiting for someone to push a kid out so we could take their room. You do not do that to am impatient pregnant woman. I just hope the food is as good at Mercy as it was at Magee...because I almost considered moving in it was so good.

Another wonderful happening was hearing the heartbeat! At only 9 1/2 weeks, that is rare. Apparently this child already recognizes my paranoia's and decided it was best for everyone to be heard. This also means that my uterus might not be backwards anymore WHICH MEANS I might not have to pee through a tube for a week!!! YAY! Here's hoping.

I was also worried about my weight gain. Random side note, I was reading "Fit Pregnancy" in the waiting room and there was an article that said the new American Medical Association's recommendation for weight gain and pregnant women is going to be 5-22 lbs. kjdsflkjflkjasdflkjsdflkjasd;fjas;oijrijtlkjwtlkjw oijjfslkjfsl

Sorry after writing that I had to remove my gaping jaw from the keyboard. THE BABY SHOULD WEIGH MORE THAN 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eye is twitching. Anyway. I was worried about how much weight I have gained. Not only have I started to show quite a bit more than the first time around, but the past couple of weeks gravy has been substituted for salad dressing and most beverages. To my surprise I have only gained four pounds. That is a far cry from the 10plus I had already packed on by now with Jack. I guess gravy does a body good. Suck it American Medical Association.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Magee's does have GREAT food. 5 lbs?? I gained a whopping 45!! You are too funny.

Laura said...

5-22 pounds!!!???????? That is just absolutely ridiculous. I could gain five pounds just THINKING about being pregnant.

Mr. B said...

careful now...first of all neither the AMA nor the IOM has sanctioned the 5-22 pound weight gain. there are studies suggesting a change is needed, but mostly for those that are overweight or obese when they become pregnant. 5 lbs. would be the weight that a very-close-to-overweight woman should try to put on (although once again, none of this has been sanctioned). seeing as how you are nowhere near overweight, you would be closer to the 22 lbs., which is close to the 25-35 lbs. currently recommended.

don't ask me why a single guy knows so much about how much weight a pregnant woman should gain.

hope all is well!