CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

side effects

Yesterday, the daycare called me at work around 5pm. Jack forgot that he did not know how to walk yet, took a step and hit his upper lip on a table. They said he was bleeding a lot and they could not tell how deep it was but they had given him a Popsicle and it seemed to aid in stopping the gushing. All I could do was ask questions and say, "Bill has the car but he will be there by 530". I could not drop everything and go and get him. I could not even leave with them after Bill stopped by work with Jack so I could see the damage. It is almost the end of tax season, and there is so much to do- I was here until 945 last night, and by the time Bill and Jack picked me up it was way past his bed time and he was asleep in his car seat.

This morning when we got to daycare, Jack smiled and enthusiastically reached out to Carlene, one of the girls that takes care of him. He did not need me, he did not want me, he didn't even care that I left. I think my heart just stopped beating.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't want to you to think that jack doesn't need or want you. he will ALWAYS (or for at least the next 10-13 years) need or want you over anyone else. you're his mom and he knows that.
i get the same thing with the parents at the daycare where i work at. they always say how much they think their kids love us more than they love them... sorry to say, no that's not it... even at jack's small age, he knows that daycare is playtime... there's barely any rules, barely any "true" schedule... daycare is freedom to a small kid like jack...
i know from experience that when jack starts talking and he falls and gets hurt like he did yesterday, he won't be crying for the teacher in the room, he will be crying and saying how much he wants and needs his mommy :)

<3