CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

So, Saturday was my shower, and all in all I think it went well.

After the shower, a couple of people went to the bar and had some drinks. We got on the topic of politics...two things you never talk about sober or intoxicated are Religion and Politics. It was 5pm and I had been steadily consuming alcohol since 1pm. My dad and Kelly were talking about the upcoming election and when the subject turned to my dad voting for Obama, I started to get emotional. So emotional that when I voiced my incoherent opinion, I started to involuntarily cry. I have to tell you, the ride home that night and all day Sunday, I was plagued by my reaction and behavior. I was so embarrassed that I had cried. So embarrassed by my incoherent babble. Then it hit me this morning while I was brushing my teeth. What am I so ashamed of? I have a passionate opinion about the future of my country. Ill admit, the article written in the NY Post hit me a lot harder than I thought it did. It had apparently been brewing deep inside me waiting for the most inopportune time to emerge in an over-saturated ramble. For the record, no, I do not think Obama is the antichrist. I am hardly that disconnected from reality and logical thinking. The article was merely thought and emotion provoking and only validated my fears of him. I do not agree with his actions or policies to the point of blatant fear. He is a smooth talker that does not say anything. He is so completely radical, that if he travels any further left he will fall off the face of the planet.

The state of our present economy petrifies me to the point of nausea. I worry about the world my son will grow up in and our enemies overseas- enemies that have absolutely no regard for human life. People who kill women, children, their own, and even themselves without a second thought. There is no one scarier than someone who is not even afraid of their own demise, because they are unstoppable.

I pray every night for a strong and sensible leader. Bush may go down as being one of the worst presidents in history, but I go to bed at night feeling safe. I go to bed at night knowing there is a force out their protecting me and my family from the boogey men in the shadows. I go to bed full of the appreciation that these conflicts are not in my backyard and that I am able to live my day without the constant fear of a car exploding next to me in a parking lot. For all of its flaws, god bless America. God bless our opportunities and comforts. And, god bless the election and the future of this country.

0 comments: