CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Last night, Bill and I went balls to the wall with cleaning. If you and I are ever in a conversation that turns to the cliche topic of men not helping around the house, know now that I will not be able to contribute. Bill helps with the laundry, cleaning, and Jack. I remember having a conversation a week or so ago with some women at work. I was telling them that I went out dress shopping with my mom and sister. When they asked if Jack went to, and after I told them "no, he stayed home with his daddy" I had to go get some windex and paper towels because their jaws shattered on the floor. The one woman told me that when she would go out grocery shopping and ask her husband if he would watch their kids, he would ask them if she could call her mom because he was busy (watching tv). It was a good thing we already had windex and paper towels on hand, because it was her turn to clean up my jaw.

I can not imagine Bill acting like that, and if he did I would probably leave anyway. I do not think a mutual helpful relationship is a fairytale scenario. If Bill did not contribute, our life would be complete chaos, period. His clothes need cleaned too, he helped make Jack, and he did not eat out of his hands. I am so happy he recognizes that.

0 comments: