CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I can feel the flapping of tassle in my face already...

Today, I started class- and I am excited. It is a completely different excitement than which I felt when I started after high school. That was a more, "I am away from home...I do not have a curfew...and I can eat two cheeseburgers AND have three bowls of ice cream if I want!". Choosing a professional path right out of high school is like playing Russian Roulette with one open chamber. Sure, there are people who know what they want to do from the crib, but I think most people who pick a major choose something they think might be good for them or because they could not think of anything else better to spend the rest of their lives doing. I would like to think that when I dropped out of school three and a half years in, I was just acting out what so many students want to do but are too afraid of.

Yeah, it is going to be a challenge to work full time, take care of my family, keep up with everyday errands, and attend school but those obstacles will always be there, and I would be lying if I said they will never get in the way. I believe, however, that my drive and determination and need to succeed and complete my degree is large enough to get through all of that. I have a lot more desire now to learn and finish school than I did when I started at SRU six years ago. I am more mature, more responsible, and have a lot more riding on my success now than I did then- and I think know that will allow everything to fall into place.

0 comments: