CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Month over Twenty-one, not quite Twenty Two

Dear Jack,

I apologize for failing at my posting last month. We did have a lot going on, but I will let you know that it is partly your fault. Yes, yours. We did not have a working laptop for almost two months, because someone decided to place the laptop on the ottoman where a certain someone decided to pound their little hands on the keyboard. I was out grocery shopping, so the certain someone who left the laptop on the ottoman was not I- use deductive reasoning to figure out who it might have been.

When I walked into the apartment, your father was sitting with his head in his hands in front of a laptop with a screen display that was sideways. We restarted it, and to our dismay the computer did not want to function. We could not do anything. We took it to Best Buy to see if they could figure out what was wrong. THANK GOD it was still under warranty, because they determined it needed a new hard drive. That is right, you killed our hard drive in a matter of 6 seconds. I think you may have a future with the CIA.

In other news, we bought our house and moved! I was worried about how you would adjust to the change, because the apartment is the only home you have ever known. To my pleasant surprise, you did not miss a beat and cozied right up to the new joint. You love the extra room- especially the yard. You even have a new friend "DAV-ID" who you call for frequently, whether he is outside or not. The you casually go into his yard, like a little creeper, searching for him. We are trying to teach you boundaries.

Looking back at the last couple of months, I can not believe how much you have developed. You still speak gibberish sometimes, but more often than not you are conveying yourself with words and phrases. Your new favorite phrase is "I'm Hungry". I am so happy you are back to eating now, but could we, maybe, not be hungry at 5am every morning? I have been pushing you off until at least 7, but yesterday you were more than insistent at 630am when you strictly requested sloop loops (fruit loops). Ever since you saw that darn commercial on saturday, that is all you have asked for. When you first started asking for it, we did not have any in the house. I kept trying to tell you that we did not have fruit loops, but you did not believe me. I tried to explain that if we had fruit loops, I would give them to you but we dont so I cant. But, you think food magically creates itself, so your weren't convinced. I knew things were getting a little out of control when you saw a KFC commercial last night and proceeded to ask for chicken.

I can't tell if this new obsession over food is a new phase, or a reaction to having the stomach virus last week. The only thing worse than being sick yourself, is watching you child be sick. I now know why mothers tell their children that they would be sick for them if they could. It would be much easier being sick myself than watching you lay around, lifeless in comparison to your normal self. The only good thing that came out of you being sick was realizing you still need me. It felt so good to hear you call my name at 3am. Since I work, I do not get to spend the time with you that I want to and so when you fall or bump your head and want "daddy", my heart would go to my stomach a little bit each time.

You are growing so fast and constantly changing every single day. I still can't believe you used to be the little 8lb 11oz nugget I gave birth to almost two years ago. I wish I could be with you all day everyday- Mondays are always the saddest for me. I am glad (and a little jealous) that your daddy gets to experience this part of your life right now- everyday. I know it can be exhausting sometimes, and definitley trying on the nerves- but you will never be as young as you were yesterday ever again. I hope he knows how lucky he is.

Love,

Mommy

0 comments: