CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

10 months

Dear Jack,

Today, you are 10 months old. It seems with every passing month, I find myself saying, "This is my favorite age!" LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! I can not get over your extreme amount of cuteness and your ability to make me laugh and feel completely thankful for my life- despite the fact that I may have just slammed my toe in the bathroom door or made a car payment.


This month, your meal menu has grown to include everything but steak, fish, peanut butter, and honey. I get a kick out of feeding you things, because your enthusiastic "MMMM!"s and lit-up expressions are hysterical. If you develop a food problem and find yourself weighing 500lbs one day, I am sorry. I have made feeding you a game, and I am ashamed........who wants another oatmeal cream pie?!

Our lives have been made a lot simpler by the fact that you eat regular food, and when I didn't think it could get any better- we tried regular milk, and you have not had similac since. AND THEN, when I thought things really couldnt get any better....YOU SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!! I never thought the day would come. Seriously, me and my body had adapted to the fact that we would be waking up at least once or twice a night until we could pass you on to your new spouse. And, even though it has already been three weeks, I still went into your room this morning to make sure you were still breathing because it still feels unreal.

The biggest thing this month, was the our wedding. A lot of parents are embarrassed to tell their children that they had them before they were married, but I would rather tell you than have you figure it out on your own via simple math. I am not ashamed, or embarrassed. I will admit, when that test (and the 20 other following) screamed two pink lines, my heart fell into the toilet I was sitting on. I couldn't believe it...I was not ready to be a parent. Your father and I were petrified, but by the end of the day, we were already happily looking at names we liked. You may not have been planned, but that does not make you any less special. I think people who try too hard to have a baby, sometimes make the whole act of trying to create a child into a chore. You were the result of two people who love each other. You were unplanned, but not an accident or a mistake. Accidents correspond to automobiles or falling down the stairs, mistakes are what you do when you add numbers wrong or call your wife by an old girlfriends name-something so beautiful and full of joy, like yourself, could never be labeled as such.


Love,
Mommy

0 comments: